David: 

If you are going to go that route, you might as well go all out and get
yourself one of these:

http://www.montgomeryboats.com/mont6.php

Clarence used to tow his around and I couldn't see that it was that big of a
hindrance. But it is small. At 6' and 200 pounds, I had trouble fitting into
it. I think there was a larger version made once, and if you are my size,
I'd opt for the larger one.  As for a dinghy for the M15....it IS a dinghy.
:)

That Eastport would be fun to build though and and with the pieces already
cut up and only needing putting together, a big part of the trouble of
building a boat is done for you, including shopping for the plywood. Would
keep a guy occupied and out of trouble for a few months.

Howard

On 4/8/06 2:45 PM, "David W. Wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Of course my boat is so fast that I find it necessary to tow a dink.
> 
> Good one, Rick. But I can see the advantage of towing a dinghy over
> wrestling with a cumbersome inflatable. Can you guess what sort of
> speed penalty you pay with the boat you tow? I really like the looks
> of this dinghy:
> 
> http://www.clcboats.com/boats/eastportpram.php
> 
> but wonder just how much drag it would cause dangling off of my transom.
> 
> David
> 
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> David W. Wood   -=-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 1981 M15   -=-  Hull #163
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to