It would be nice to have some adjustment on the outhaul, Robbin.  If the
wind is light, I have a very slack outhaul.  As the wind increases, I
tighten it up.  Mount a small closed v cleat (so the line doesn't fall
out when slack) on the side of the boom a foot or so forward of the
little block at the end of the boom so you can control the tension.

Sounds like the cheek block and cleat is to reef the main, although it
sounds a little far forward for that purpose.  Many ways to rig a vang,
but that doesn't sound like one of them...  t


Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
M17 #496 





-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Robbin Roddewig
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 5:01 AM
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Subject: M_Boats: riggin' questions

I have to ask some ignorant questions,
this is my second season with my M-15 and I bought the craft without the
benfit of any instructions (verbal or otherwise) on how to set it up.
On this last weekends sail my oldest son and I were trying to figure out
the proper set up for the outhaul and the (apparently absent) boom vang.
Currently the outhaul is comprised of a short line off the end of the
sail (can't remember the name, clew?, leech?) that I put through a small
block that I attached to the end of the boom.  Nothing but a hole was
there before.  The line is looped a couple times and tied off to itself.
This makes the tension of the outhaul fixed for the entire sail.  Not
ideal.  How is it supposed to be set up?
Also, the boom has a fixed/flat block about half way on one side with a
jam cleat forward of this.  Are these for my boom vang?  If so how would
they work with a vang?
I have looked about on the web site a bit for diagrams and have not had
any luck.

Thanks
Robbin
M-15, undecided
lately of Breezy Point MD

PS if any one in the chesapeake area is considering selling an older
model
M-17 drop me a line.  I would like more room for my four sons than we
have in our 15. 


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to