It happened to me too! When I was bringing home my brand-new-to-me M17
(Harvey Wilson's Stargazer, re-named Tiny Dancer). Very fortunately, it
landed in the cockpit... chewed up a corner of the hatch, but fortunately
that's it.

I didn't know if this was a factory feature or an owner mod, and now I know.
Lifting out the hatch can be nice 'cause you have little headroom with the
hatch slid forward, but I seldom lift the hatch all the way out.

Lock it before trailering!

Best
BG

-- 
Brian Gilbert
Marine Media 
Author, Fix It and Sail

3404 Hartford Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37415
www.sailingsmall.com


on 10/24/06 08:03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So I have had my 1974 M-17, Fore Play, for 5 years now and never knew that the
> sliding cockpit hatch could fly away! The one time I did not lock the hatch
> before trailering,  it lifted off and disappeared somewhere up Logan Canyon.
> I spent 6 hours driving back up and down the canyon without luck. I am just
> very grateful that it did not hit some poor soul. So, be aware, it could
> happen to you!  In the meantime, Jerry, is it possible to order a new one or
> will I have to try to build one?!
> 
> All the Best,
> randy
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to