The attached jpg is the one I have as wallpaper at
work. It is the type of spot on nearby lakes I would
most likely frequent in central Alabama, although I
will spend vacation time near the Pensacola - Mobile
area, and then after retirement in 5 years, further
down the Florida coast. 

This photo shows two M-15s pulled right up to the
bank, but there is an M-17 in the background anchored
stern toward the bank, as was recommended in one
response. I guess the board up draft is not as
important for shallow water as the total boat weight
and the board down draft. I appreciate the warning
about shells and rocks getting stuck in the
centerboard well. 

I think my kayak has spoiled me; I enjoy cruising
along close to nature in 6" of water a couple of feet
from the bank. But I can travel further in more safety
with less effort and get away from the sand when I
sleep in a trailerable sailboat. 

Thanks for the responses; they have given me more to
contemplate....

Jerry Renno
[EMAIL PROTECTED]





 
____________________________________________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail.
http://new.mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to