This will provide some  "List Fill"
 
Most recent list of work - Boat has not seen water on the bottom since  1998!
 
Toerails refastened all new hardware. Aluminum ones, approx 110  #10x3/4 
screws.
 
Mast step replaced - deck organizer modifications to accommodate  original 
mounting holes and excess space limitations at M-17 deck layout(!) LOL  TIC
 
Finishing internal outhaul and single line reef blocks install in an  
aluminum boom that I will probably end up throwing away for a plastic one! 
Don't  ask 
- but it sure is light!
 
Replacing handrails after 10 coats of 100% Tung oil/ 0000 steel wool  between 
coats. ooooh Baby are they smooth! Dead teak.
 
New gooseneck and tack fitting.
 
Deck organizers installed on all that extra cabin house deck I had left  over 
(partially under the handrails)
 
Laminated new hatch rails -SS backing strips on underside - yeah they are  
polished*
*Fernando runs a polishing cave 2 streets away from the shop.
 
Sheet stoppers on excess spare leftover deck (see above) One  triple and one 
double.
 
Replace railwood at Cabin hatch and companionway with Starboard (white)  teak 
VERY dead ! We live in Arizona  -home of teak skin  cancer.        funny 
Frank Butler story  here.
 
Washed  -no scrubbed, all cushions - Yeah fun FUN fun  again!
 
Rewire trailer and add side marker lights and new big reflectors (cuz I am  a 
sucker for reflectors esp Do-Ray reflectors)
 
Replace glazing in cabin lights with tinted and custom tempered glass -very  
nice but be careful installing glass in aluminum frame.
 
New uprights at front end of trailer bunks (one of few mistakes I have ever  
seen on a Trail-Rite trailer (of course on mine) (( I have sold about 250 of  
them))
 
New boards and carpet etc at bunks.
 
New jack internals at trailer.
 
Service 3 winches (CB winch later)
 
New spacer (starboard) for middle gudgeon. Does anyone else have one of  
these? Teak spacer toast.
 
Replace all chainplates after they were polished. ooooh pimpy!
 
Install 4 lower shroud chainplates Fore and Aft (tall rig has been added to  
the boat and I am going overkill here- may not end using all four for lowers 
we  will see.)
 
Remount mooring cleats - powder coated gloss black polished screws - ooooh  
mo pimpy!
 
Remount nav lights - now on aluminum risers powder coated black  to get em up 
where I wanted em. Teak was dead on Arrival
 
New mast mount for knotlog and compass aluminum. B&G and KVH 
 
Oh fun stuff like start cleaning the bilge ( easy to stop doing this  one!)
 
Washing down interior of 8 years worth of  dirt.  "    "       "      "     "
 
Rigging new mast (fun FUN fun!)
 
Cutting 1980 stinky ol water tank out of boat (FUN not FUN not)
 
Install new battery tray/pan in bilge (should get back to scrubbin that  
bilge)
Got a used near new, sealed aircraft battery from a buddy-  suuuweet!
 
Forgot the rudder and tiller work OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh nice!
 
Cleaned up UGLY companionway drop boards for now ( don't usually see em  when 
I would be sailing anyway - and if they are in when I am sailing, I don't  
really care that they are not beautiful!)
 
 And I still need to:  Fair the keel, remove blast etc the CB,  seal the 
trunk hull joint, and finish priming the starboard topsides and paint  hull. 
Currently 2/3 white 1/3 yellow!
 
But I am going sailing soon (really) and then racing in the 47th Annual  
Arizona Yacht Club Birthday Regatta and Leukemia Cup January 12th- 14th  2007.
   
All Montgomery sailors that have read this far are invited and if you can't  
or don't want to sail please forward this link to your Montgomery sailing  buds
!
 
_http://www.arizonayachtclub.org/TheCalendar/2007/birthday_regatta.shtml_ 
(http://www.arizonayachtclub.org/TheCalendar/2007/birthday_regatta.shtml) 
 
Y'all Come - Mulligan's M-23 and Willertons M-15, my M-17 and  hopefully more 
will be there.
 
I think I need to go work on the boat................And our  sailing season 
started about 8 weeks ago.
 
GaryO. 
 M-17 # 316a  Looks Bad - Goes Fast 
 
Somebody asked for Montgomery List news - I 'm spent.
 
"Be careful with that thing! you could poke yer EYE OUT!"
 
back to lurkin.
 
 
 
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to