Greetings. I'm using the owners group site in the hope that I can get a
response on behalf of my father, who ordered a Montgomery 17 October
2005, paying in full and receiving about a 4-5 month turnaround
estimate, but has not received the boat or a target date for completion.
At this point over a year later, it is becoming an awkward subject since
I had really pushed the idea of him returning to sailing in a smaller
boat, and recommended the Montgomery site to him. 
 
He has owned 3 other Lyle Hess designed boats, and knew Lyle and his
wife personally. About 20 years ago he and my mother circumnavigated the
globe in their BC Cutter, "Small World", so there is a deep respect and
reverance for Lyle's designs. We both believe that this is the best 17ft
pocket cruiser available, as do most of the owners here it seems. 
 
Bob, I realize you monitor the owners group site, as does Jerry M. I
didn't receive a response from a direct email, so I'm posting here as a
request to please contact my father and simply give him a realistic
target date for completion. We both know there are things that hold up
production; there is no need to dwell there. At this point, I doubt he
would be sailing until later this spring, so any communication at this
point would be much appreciated and that gives you some time to work
with. Also, I would like some shots of the interior if possible, as he
wants me to help finish out some of the woodwork after it arrives.
 
I apologize for the public posting, but it is becoming critical for him
to get some word. Thanks for any help you can offer.
 

Stacy D. Smith

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to