All,
I have a new to me 1975 M-17 and am still trying to figure out some of
the rigging and setup. The tack of the sail is confusing me. The tack
has the usual clew but no fitting on the boom to secure it as my M-15
did. The gooseneck fitting has a metal loop on the bottom side of the
boom but this appears to be for the down haul. I have scoured the MSOG
site for a good picture of the setup but cannot find any. I would
appreciate any recommendations.
I am also interested in leading lines back to the cockpit and was
looking at the plate with handy attachment points on it that appear on
Halycon http://www.msogphotosite.com/MSOG/b17halcy/b17halcy10.jpg as a
place to attach blocks for the Halyards to lead aft. I would appreciate
any suggestions on leading lines to the cockpit as far as technique and
hardware.
And not to pile on but my M-17 has a steel centerboard. It was
sandblasted (with acorn shells to be green) and coated at the yard
before I picked the boat up. However there are rust stains on the
trailer center board skid after winter storage. Any opinions of whether
this is a cause for concern? Should I just accept that it is going to
have some rust regardless?
Thanks in advance,
Robbin
M-17 #601(if I am reading it right!), out of Breezy Point MD
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats