Hey John,

Has anyone helped you with your auto tiller installation inquiry yet?
Somewhere in the '02-'05 archives are detailed photos and explanation of how
one person installed a unit on their M17. I came across these pix several
months ago while surfing this site, but now I can't seem to find them). I do
remember the poster mentioned that it took a bit of fanangling to get the
unit to fit right requiring a 2-3 inch optional arm extension. The
information is here.someplace. I'm also interested in this info because I
would eventually like to install a similar unit on my new M17 (but I'm still
waiting for the factory to get her finished). 

 

On another note, how well does that 6amp charger on your Suzuki outboard
work? I'm leaning on the same set-up, but from reading a few postings on the
Trailer-Sailor forum the outboard needs to be operating at full RPM to
develop the advertised charge rate. I'm not electrical savvy, but I'm
guessing the auto tiller will drain the battery faster than the alternator
can replenish the energy under a typical day's sailing/powering outing. It
would probably take several hours of motoring just to maintain a fully
charged battery. I'm still trying to figure it all out.  

 

Cheers!    

 

Scott Simpson

West of One

300 3rd Street,  # 903

San Francisco, CA 94107

415. 328.2668

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.westofone.com

 

 

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to