Hey Steve....!  Nice to hear from you..
Give me a call and I'll make you a new centerboard line no charge.  

Fair winds
Bob
(949) 489-8227
Busy as a bug.



-----Original Message-----
>From: Steven MacDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Sent: May 16, 2007 7:39 PM
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: M_Boats: (no subject)
>
>Hello Montgomery Friends,
>
>I bought a brand new Montgomery 17 with four bronze opening portholes  
>from Bob Egg in Ontario California seven years ago in 2000.  I  
>trailered her back to Clearlake, in northern California, where I have  
>sailed her ever since.  She rides on a buoy in Lakeport at the north  
>end of Library Park and waits patiently there for my return.  When I  
>arrive I make sail, slip the buoy, and we're in the wind again.
>
>I launch in April and haul her out in November (because of insurance  
>requirements).  I work on her during the winter months because  
>"Messing around with boats" is the next best thing to sailing.
>
>I spent so much time on my boat during the summer my wife finally  
>gave up and joined me. After a few turns on the helm, especially in a  
>bad blow when the steep chop was running, she became quite the salty  
>dog.  I seldom sail alone anymore.  My wife tells our speedboat  
>friends, "The joy is in the journey when you're sailing.  Couldn't of  
>said it better myself!
>
>This year we had a problem the day we launched.  We made sail we went  
>to lower the keel - but the rope that raises and lowers the keel  
>broke off somewhere down in the hole!  Only then did we realize why  
>we had so much trouble slipping her off the trailer at the launch  
>ramp.  The keel must have gotten stuck on the carpet in center of the  
>trailer!
>
>Any suggestions as to how to replace the keel rope so we can raise  
>the keel?  We'll use all the brains we've got and all the brains we  
>can borrow!
>
>Thanks a bunch,
>Steve & Peggy MacDonald
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


Boat Builder

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to