Can anyone out there in Montgomery land give me some opinion on the use
of a "Boom Kicker" which came with the M-17 I recently purchased used
(a 1977 model) I am new to my new M-17 but have several years
sailing experience in larger sailboats (we had a Choey Lee Frisco
Flyer, a Mariner 31 and a S &S 24 ft sloop). In addition to the "Boom
Kicker" the boat has a vang but it mounts on the boom within a foot or
so of the mainsheet.... the boom has no topping lift. We have been
out sailing several times now under varying wind conditions (5 to 20
knots) and directions (reaching, running) and I do not see any
advantages over a simple topping lift but I may be missing something.
It seems to me that the vang serves little purpose as it attaches so
close to the main sheet.
The benefit of all that Montgomery experience out there would be
greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards...Arnold Sharpe M-17 "LITTLE BREEZE"
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats