You might think about using an inexpensive GPS as a knot meter. It has lots of advantages, but doesn't tell you much about currents.

--Gary Hyde
2005 M17 sailboat #637 'Hydeaway 2'
We can't change the wind, but we can trim our sails.


On Jul 28, 2007, at 8:56 AM, John R. Butler wrote:

I just installed a cheap little depth sounder (Bottom Line Tournament 1101) on REJOYCE! which works fine, but the speed accessory seems to read much too slow. Can anyone please advise me the best place for a "paddlewheel" sensor? I would like it close to the transom so I can lean overboard and clear it when it gets fouled, as I know from experience they are prone to do. but: centerline? As far outboard as possible? Or where?
    .--.-.                                   |
   ( (    )__                            \ _ /
  (_,  \ ) ,_)              |    -==  (_)  ==-
     -'--`--'               /|\          /   \
                             / | \           |
   ^^                    /  |  \
                           /   |   \
          ^^           /361|    \
                         /     |     \
                        /      |      \        ^^
                       /       |       \
                ___/____|        \
                    ______|_       \  ___
       _______/ ====   \___\___/
       |       “MONTGOMERY 15”      /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   ~^~~^=~^~~-=~^~^~=~^~=~~^~=
~^~=~~^=~^~~^~^=~^~-~^~~^~=
 ^~=~^~=~~^~~=~~=~^~=~~^~~^~^^

John Butler - Sailing again. Praise the Lord!

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to