Scott:
My Honda 2 HP was a long shaft model, cost $10 more than the short shaft one. However, with the factory bracket and in calm waters, I think the sort shaft one would be adequate. You would only have a cavitation problem in rough waters, IMHO.

--Gary Hyde
2005 M17 sailboat #637 'Hydeaway 2'
We can't change the wind, but we can trim our sails.


On Aug 4, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Scott Simpson wrote:

Hi Gary,

I finally received my M17 from the factory. I noticed you originally had a Honda 2hp on "Vanilla" and then you transferred it to "Hydeaway 2" for a short while. I see you now have a Yamaha 4hp. My question to you: Was your Honda a short shaft model? I'm debating on a Honda 2hp (s). I realize the engine's minimal performance with the M17, but this is not an issue for me. With the (s) model, it would be easier to stow below. Also, if you did have
this engine, did you find the engine bracket bolted too high for this
particular engine. Maybe it's a structural design issue, but I would have preferred the motor bracket be positioned a few inches lower. In the up position, it appears that most outboards sit visually too high. Thanks,
Gary, for any light you can shed on the subject.



Scott Simpson

West of One

300 3rd Street,  # 903

San Francisco, CA 94107

415. 328.2668

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.westofone.com





_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to