I don't know if Nissan in like a Honda, but Honda's have a water temprature 
vlave and if it gets stuck open it will start on full choke but wont run with 
the ckoke off.  Some times won't start at all.  Make sure your gas tank vent is 
open.

-----Original Message-----
>From: Jeff Royce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Sent: Aug 13, 2007 9:08 AM
>To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats <[email protected]>
>Subject: M_Boats: Outboard Woes
>
>
>
>Help! 
>   
>  I bought a brand new Nissan 4HP 4-stroke motor last year and it was very 
> nice. Quiet. Started on the second pull every time. It has probably no more 
> than 10 hours on it at this time as i use it mostly for ramp purposes. Up 
> until last weekend it has been running perfectly. 
>   
>  Last weekend, though, i could not start it at the ramp. Not a sputter... not 
> a single sign of life. We had to test our sailing skills and get out of the 
> harbor under sail. Good practice but not something i wanted to do again. The 
> next day i went to play with it to see if i could figure out what the problem 
> was (right! I know outboards like Kobe Bryant knows humility). When i went to 
> start it up on the trailer it cranked up on the second pull just like normal. 
> I had no water hooked up to it so i let it go only a couple seconds and 
> shrugged off our experience to some sort of anomoly. 
>   
>  Based on that succcess we went out again yesterday (Lake Pardee for those of 
> you in norCal... fishing lake, no waterskiers allowed... lake level 98% of 
> capacity and very clean). I went to start it up and it started as expected, 
> but.... 
>   
>  When i pushed the choke back in upon warm-up it proceeded to die... i pulled 
> the choke back out to ensure that she would keep running ... perhaps she 
> needed to warm up a bit more... pushed the choke back in and she died and 
> would not start again. Showed no sign of life... 
>   
>  My novice thought is... fuel filter? Water in the line? I don't know how 
> that could happen but i suppose it could. I will attempt to replace that 
> myself if that is a probable cause but i thought i would throw it at this 
> group first as you folks are dialed on all aspects of the Monty Life!!!
>   
>  Thanks for your help,
>   
>  Jeff
>  M17 #336
>_______________________________________________
>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


________________________________________
PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to