Thanks for the advice about the sail stop.  My baby did not come with one.  I 
have been using tape to hold the sail in place.  As soon as I read about 
getting them at West Marine, I ordered two.  Agree with Connie, I tie as much 
down as I can -- sooner or later everything lands in the water.  Can't tell you 
how many motor keys I've lost (attached to a floater no less).
   
  I would like to see another Monty 15 in my area.  Anyone out there from 
Connecticut or near?  In the winter I get down to Venice Beach - Anyone in that 
area?  Pictures are OK but I would like to see your rigging up close.  I have a 
few questions.
   
  Bonnie
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Send montgomery_boats mailing list submissions to
[email protected]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can reach the person managing the list at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of montgomery_boats digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Re: Sail stop ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
2. Re: M-15 Prop pitch ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
3. RE: M17 for sale in VA (John Tyner)
4. RE: M17 for sale in VA (bill safford)
5. Re: M17 for sale in VA ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
6. sail stops that Bob buys up and hides.... (Blake Reimer)
7. Re: worst conditions to take an m15 ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
8. Re: M-15 Prop pitch ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
9. Re: Compass M-15 (Gary M Hyde)
10. Socal Potters Anacapa trip pics ([EMAIL PROTECTED])


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:03:19 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Sail stop
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi Joe,

Sail stops are a form of cylindrical grasshopper.

When one drops on deck, it immediately makes a big leap into the next
available body of water.

Now, you can either keep replacing sail stops; keeping spares on hand for
when they hop, or, ....

Use a piece of 1/4" bungee cord wrapped twice around the mast and tied in
a square knot. It keeps the main sail slugs in place; is easily
moveable; is almost instantly removable; and costs only a fraction of
what the grasshopper / sail stops cost....

Connie



------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:09:11 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: M-15 Prop pitch
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi Captain Jim,

My Honda 2 HP moved my old M15 at hull speed at about 2/3rds throttle. 

Once I also used it to move an M17, with 5 adults in the cockpit, up the
Thames river against the outgoing tide. Again, no problem.

Connie



------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:06:00 -0400
From: "John Tyner" 
Subject: RE: M_Boats: M17 for sale in VA
To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"

Message-ID: 
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

I wonder if this is the one with the strange HIN I saw in Colonial Beach two
years ago?

~
John Tyner
M-15 #412 "Chimpanzee"

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Doug
Kelch
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 10:18 AM
To: Montgomery
Subject: M_Boats: M17 for sale in VA


this is from Messing about in boats.

Montgomery 17 ''77, clean in god working orders. new main and working jib by
Dabbler Sails; new Yamaha 4 hp; hull and topsides recently painted;
serviceable trailer w/recent tires and bearing buddies. $6500 firm.
John Hohnson, Colonial Beach, BA on the Potomac 804-224-1538,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


---------------------------------
Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo!
Games.
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats





------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 04:39:16 +0800
From: bill safford 
Subject: RE: M_Boats: M17 for sale in VA
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats

Message-ID: 
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312"


Wow, that's an impressive asking price. No where near NADA, BUC or the market. 
All I can say is "good luck".> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:18:15 -0700> From: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [email protected]> Subject: M_Boats: 
M17 for sale in VA> > this is from Messing about in boats.> > Montgomery 17 
''77, clean in god working orders. new main and working jib by Dabbler Sails; 
new Yamaha 4 hp; hull and topsides recently painted; serviceable trailer 
w/recent tires and bearing buddies. $6500 firm.> John Hohnson, Colonial Beach, 
BA on the Potomac 804-224-1538, [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > 
---------------------------------> Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! > Play 
Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.> 
_______________________________________________> 
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_________________________________________________________________
Stay connected with your friends and discover new ones on Windows Live Spaces!
http://spaces.live.com?mkt=en-sg

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:39:38 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: M17 for sale in VA
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: 
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

Brandon,

Can you please send info on your Kingfisher 22 to me? 

Thanks,
Bill

wcpritchett at aol dot com 



************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at 
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour


------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Blake Reimer 
Subject: M_Boats: sail stops that Bob buys up and hides....
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Thanks alot Bob! Is that how people wind up buying new Montgomery's? They can't 
find a replacement sail stop?


------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 11:17:22 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: worst conditions to take an m15
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: 
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

I don't know what the limit is, I've had Sweet Dream out in the bay in 18 - 
25 several times with a reef and the 110 up, closehauled into 3 - 4 ft chop for 
some fairly long runs (20 miles). cockpit dry, a little spray in the face. I 
did have the companionway slats in though. I never though about dropping the 
sails and firing up the trusty Honda. The only difficulty is fighting down the 
sails when single handed in that kind of sea. I've tryed heaving too but it 
seems to work better to drop the jib first, then pull the main down most of the 
way, sling a couple uf bungie balls around it and head to the dock to clean 
the sails up.
Don in Mobile


**************************************
Get a sneak peek of the 
all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour


------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 11:43:00 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: M-15 Prop pitch
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: 
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

With the one liter on-board tank, I get 1.25 hours at around 5 MPH ( I got 
the GPS set on MPH rather thank Knots) so I get just over 6 miles on a tank 
with 
3.8 tanks peer gallon. Probably a little more if I slowed it down a little. I 
bought 3 gallons this year and uses one of them on the famous BEER cruise 
with the trailer sailors. so 28 MPG is probably right. I vote for the Hohda. 
its 
air-cooled (no flushiing in water tanks) and weighs 28 lbs ( I keep it in the 
shed at home to keep it from being stolen) so its easy to carry and mount. No 
water pump of shifter to fail. ALWAYS starts.
Don in Mobile


**************************************
Get a sneak peek of the 
all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour


------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 12:22:57 -0700
From: Gary M Hyde 
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Compass M-15
To: "Montgomery Sailboats 
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed; delsp=yes

My GPS does have a light

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2007, at 9:07 PM, jim sadler 
wrote:

> Thanks Skipper
> I am thinking about sailing at night. Do you use the GPS to hold a
> course? Does it have a light the you can see.
> Captain Jim
> Sailing vessel Pelican M-15
>
> On 8/30/07, Gary M Hyde wrote:
>> I have a hand-bearing compass that also has a mount; but a GPS is
>> cheaper and more useful. The combination of the two is useful when
>> current is an issue.
>>
>> --Gary Hyde
>> 2005 M17 sailboat #637 'Hydeaway 2'
>> We can't change the wind, but we can trim our sails.
>>
>>
>> On Aug 30, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Jim Sadler wrote:
>>
>>> What are you skippers using for a compass? Are you mounting it
>>> flush next
>>> to the companion way? How is it illuminated?
>>> Thanks
>>> Captain Jim Sadler
>>> Skipper Sailing vessel Pelican M-15
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ 
>>> montgomery_boats
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 17:04:07 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: M_Boats: Socal Potters Anacapa trip pics
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: 
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

This link:

_http://howies.net/socalpotter/anacapa2007/index.htm_ 
(http://howies.net/socalpotter/anacapa2007/index.htm) 

will take you to the Socal Potters photo album of the recent trip to Anacapa 
island off Ventura. This is a compilation of everyone's best photos. Great 
group of folks who welcome Monty sailors to join them. Check it out when you 
get a chance.

Sean and 'Jo
M23 Dauntless
www.havasumontgomerys.piczo.com



************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at 
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour


------------------------------

_______________________________________________
montgomery_boats mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


End of montgomery_boats Digest, Vol 55, Issue 1
***********************************************



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to