buy ---sell,,,,why not just give it a rest ?
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: bill safford 
  To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats 
  Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 8:18 PM
  Subject: RE: M_Boats: M23 Still For Sale in AZ for $5800 or offer



   
  BUC Book, NADA, Kelly, and other "blue book" enterprizes all have a 
professional site and a consumer site and the values are definently skewed to 
their market.
   
  Let's face it, you're not going to pay a dealer or broker's price to a 
private seller. The private seller has no overhead or commission worries. A 
classified ad is inexpensive or free to a private seller. And then what kind of 
warranty will I expect from a private seller? As is, where is?
   
  With this in mind, I don't expect to get top-dollar for my boat, or truck 
when its time to sell. I will get whatever the fair market value is at the time 
or a little less--I'm willing to negotiate.
   
  How about that trade-in value. I'd rather the salesman just kick me the groin 
and go on about his day. That's why in a free-market economy we can have 
private orderly sales. Value paid for value received. When I buy, I negotiate. 
When I sell, I negotiate.
   
  Cheers!> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:09:00 -0400> To: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [email protected]> Subject: Re: M_Boats: 
M23 Still For Sale in AZ for $5800 or offer> > I agree that the book numbers on 
Montys are skewed from private > sales...being that small trailer sailboats 
usually aren't brokered or financed. However, > I wrote NADA a couple yrs ago 
asking for how they get the numbers. Values on > NADA are actual selling prices 
reported by any new or used boat dealer, > marina, broker, bank, etc who 
subscribes to the NADA pub. The only way any boat > value in NADA may be 15 yrs 
old is if none had been sold or reported by a > subscriber. NADA also said 
their free web site values are lower than their > subscription pub...don't ask 
me why because I didn't follow that one up. > > Also, FreeWilly is entitled to 
his opinion and I personally didn't get > offended at his critique...it's plain 
boat talk like any other stuff. I don't get > why anyone gets uptight or 
hostile about opinions on Monty quality or values. > Bottom line to me is 
Montys are a cult boat with limited numbers. They spend > most of them time on 
a trailer and it results in low stress, long life and > boats that show very 
well. It drives prices up no matter what the quality. > Before anyone blasts me 
for whatever, I'm a long time Monty owner...since > 1975-76 and still own it. I 
bought 100% for the design and quality was secondary. > Construction issues or 
resale means nothing to me...never has, never will. If > it breaks (and it has) 
I fix it. Monty ownership for me is all about getting > a boat design I like.> 
> Bill P. (NOT Freewilly)> > > > ************************************** See 
what's new at http://www.aol.com> 
_______________________________________________> 
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
  _________________________________________________________________
  Live Search: New search found
  http://get.live.com/search/overview
  _______________________________________________
  http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to