Bonnie,
I saw Connie's reply which is great advice. I might also suggest that you look at Sean's contribution to the MSOG photo site that shows about working with epoxy at http://www.msogphotosite.com/GenMM.html. I did my own gel coat work so if you want to spray gel coat and have some experience with spayers it is pretty straight forward but having done that I am now convinced that I would have been better to go with a two part epoxy paint from an auto body shop. If you bring in your hatch cover they can color match. They could also possibly give you some tough up paint that you could paint it on then using some progressively finer grit sand paper 200 400 grit to buff it and blend in the repair.
Please mail me off the list if you want more details.

Thanks
Robbin

Bonnie Kostka wrote:
Any suggestion about repairing small but deep gashes in the hull.  Also what to 
do about chipping on the edge or lip of the deck just above the hull . Just 
took my boat out of the water for the winter.  Doing some of the repairs I've 
read about here.
Monty 15 - Hull 396 - 1987
  Moonbeam
  Bonnie
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Send montgomery_boats mailing list submissions to
[email protected]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can reach the person managing the list at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of montgomery_boats digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Blowholes and backflow ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
2. temporarily unsubscribe ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
3. RE: temporarily unsubscribe (Mike Frederick)
4. boarding ladder (steve pearse)
5. Re: boarding ladder (Larry E Yake)
6. Re: boarding ladder ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
7. Re: boarding ladder (steve pearse)
8. Re: boarding ladder (steve pearse)
9. RE: name change Buttercup (Roberta Dvorscak)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:13:49 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: M_Boats: Blowholes and backflow
To: [email protected]
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII


I found pretty simple and satisfactory solutions to both these problems. I
take a small strip of rag about an inch wide and four inches long, wrap it
a couple of times around the centerboard rope and push it tight against the
blowhole. I get a bit of hissing but no water. Of course by the end of the
season the piece of rag could be mistaken for a biology experiment, but
rags are cheap.

For the stern drains I simply bought a couple of 85-cent corks at the
hardware store and stick them in before I leave the mooring. In the event I
take on serious water (has happened a couple of times) I can just kick them
out with my toe and things drain.

David Hill
M17 619 Grouper

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:40:39 -0800
From: " Richard Everett " Subject: M_Boats: M17 leak
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"


We came up with a pretty simple plug for the "blowhole" effect in the M17
by slicing a piece of 2 inch long rubber tubing (something like the black
rubber automotive fuel line tubing) which had an ID that was a tight fit
around the line used to draw up the keel and had an OD that was a snug fit
into the "blowhole". Actually, I trimmed a section of a piece of tubing
that was too large to fit in the hole down a bit so that it would not get
permanently stuck down in the hole. So all in all, it makes for a nice
gasket to keep the water out of the cockpit.

Having said all that, we still get water in the cockpit because even in a
mild chop water seems to flow in through the stern cockpit drain holes.
They have backflow prevention devices inline, but for some reason a trickle
will still flow through and after awhile there is around a half inch of
water sloshing around in the aft section of the cockpit. It does get above
this amount because then it starts draining back out. I was considering
installing some sort of ball valve shutoff for the two drain lines, but it
would be bad to forget to open them up and then get a serious amount of
water suddenly in the cockpit. :-(

Maybe the solution is to always wear heavy rubber boots...






------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:08:55 -0700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: M_Boats: temporarily unsubscribe To: [email protected]
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

Please take me off the e-mail list at this time.
Sorry for the inconvenience

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. Thank you.


------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:17:51 -0500
From: "Mike Frederick" Subject: RE: M_Boats: temporarily unsubscribe To: "'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'"

Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Martin,

If you click on the "mailman....." link at the bottom of the mail list and
go to the bottom of that page there is a place to unsubscribe.

Mike



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: M_Boats: temporarily unsubscribe
Please take me off the e-mail list at this time.
Sorry for the inconvenience

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. Thank you.
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats




------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:09:40 -0700
From: steve pearse Subject: M_Boats: boarding ladder
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats

Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=WINDOWS-1252; delsp=yes;
format=flowed

As a M-15 (1981 vintage) owner who plans to place a mooring buoy this spring, I've decided to mount a permanent boarding step/ladder. Any recommendations, re product line(s), best model(s)? Thanks in advance for whatever guidance folks might provide!

—Steve on Whidbey Island, WA

Steve Pearse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]





------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:18:04 -0700
From: Larry E Yake Subject: Re: M_Boats: boarding ladder
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Steve,

Randy Graves has a nice ladder on his M17 that would be good on your 15,
too. Here's a copy of his message to someone else that was looking for a
ladder.

Windline makes a 4-step folding ladder that was my choice for our M17.
See http://tinyurl.com/fvow7 for pictures. This ladder is used on the
Potter 19, and last I checked was only available for purchase through
International Marine. Here is the ladder listed for $160 on their web
site http://www.westwightpotter.com/content/MiniShopProduct.phtml?0/0/177
.

I have a similar Windline model from West Marine, but it only has 3
steps.

Larry


On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:09:40 -0700 steve pearse writes:
As a M-15 (1981 vintage) owner who plans to place a mooring buoy this spring, I've decided to mount a permanent boarding step/ladder. Any recommendations, re product line(s), best model(s)? Thanks in advance for whatever guidance folks might provide!

—Steve on Whidbey Island, WA

Steve Pearse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats





------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 05:33:39 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: boarding ladder
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

My ladder choice just arrived yesterday. Ebay has Windline TT-3X 3 step ladders for $89.00 plus UPS of $16.00 CA to MI. This is a "Buy it Now, multiple auction directly through the manufacturer. They had six to sell of this model when I ordered mine last week, but I bet they know how to get more.
Ron Stanton
M-15 #249



************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com


------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:22:45 -0700
From: steve pearse Subject: Re: M_Boats: boarding ladder
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats

Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=WINDOWS-1252; delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Ron, thanks very much for taking the time to send this info my way. I appreciate it!

—Steve on Whidbey

On Nov 1, 2007, at 2:33 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

My ladder choice just arrived yesterday. Ebay has Windline TT-3X 3 step
ladders for $89.00 plus UPS of $16.00 CA to MI.
This is a "Buy it Now, multiple auction directly through the manufacturer. They had six to sell of this model when I ordered mine last week, but I bet
they know how to get more.
Ron Stanton
M-15 #249



************************************** See what's new at http:// www.aol.com
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Steve Pearse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]





------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:27:37 -0700
From: steve pearse Subject: Re: M_Boats: boarding ladder
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats

Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=WINDOWS-1252; delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Thanks much for the information, Larry. I appreciate your taking the time to do so!

—Steve on Whidbey

On Oct 31, 2007, at 7:18 PM, Larry E Yake wrote:

Steve,

Randy Graves has a nice ladder on his M17 that would be good on your 15, too. Here's a copy of his message to someone else that was looking for a
ladder.

Windline makes a 4-step folding ladder that was my choice for our M17.
See http://tinyurl.com/fvow7 for pictures. This ladder is used on the
Potter 19, and last I checked was only available for purchase through
International Marine. Here is the ladder listed for $160 on their web
site http://www.westwightpotter.com/content/MiniShopProduct.phtml? 0/0/177
.

I have a similar Windline model from West Marine, but it only has 3
steps.

Larry


On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:09:40 -0700 steve pearse writes:
As a M-15 (1981 vintage) owner who plans to place a mooring buoy this

spring, I've decided to mount a permanent boarding step/ladder. Any

recommendations, re product line(s), best model(s)? Thanks in
advance for whatever guidance folks might provide!

—Steve on Whidbey Island, WA

Steve Pearse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Steve Pearse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]





------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 20:25:48 -0700
From: "Roberta Dvorscak" Subject: RE: M_Boats: name change Buttercup
To: "'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'"

Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

There is already a yellow hulled Montgomery 15 in Port Townsend Wa. sporting
the name of Buttercup. I know there are lots of boats with the same name but
just thought I'd chime in on the chance that you might want to know.

Mark Dvorscak

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:53 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: name change

Hi Bobby,

..... or "Buttercup"?

Connie

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats




------------------------------

_______________________________________________
montgomery_boats mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


End of montgomery_boats Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1
***********************************************

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats




_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to