Hi Bert,
I pulled the center board on my former M-15 just to look it over and
make sure it was sealed up. I had located, drilled out the covering and
pounded out the pin then put it back (carefully). Upon reinserting I
just epoxied over the pin on both sides making sure that it was obvious
where the epoxy patch is located so if I wanted to get at the pin again
it would be easy to find. I think the 3M makes some sealant that is
appropriate for use below the waterline that would probably work as well
but may not give you the piece of mind that epoxy does.
Robbin
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The pin which holds the centerboard on my 1986 M 15 which I recently
purchased has some soft material covering the it on the port side of the keel. I saw
a little stainless bleeding and so I rubbed it with my fingernail and the
material came off completely exposing the pin.
What should be used to seal it? (I'll check tomorrow, but I assume the same
material was used on the starboard side. I certainly do not want the pin
falling out.)
Thank you in advance,
Bert Felton
M 15, Zephyr
#365
**************************************
See what's new at
http://www.aol.com
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats