Seems like all of the boat cover chat concerns M17s, so I'll add
this: I am in the last stages of having a cover made for "Rejoyce!"
my M15. As with all of my too-many projects, I started with a
prototype. (Sometimes I go through two or three or more prototypes
before I get what I want.) For my cover, I started with a cheap, blue
poly sheet from China, via Wally World. Cut it, pinned it, maimed it,
started over again, second prototype came out OK, called my friend/
boat builder/sailor/sailmaker/cabinet maker/etc., and he took
measurements, designed, cut and sewed it up for me. He attached the
various grommets to Rejoyce! with cheap "small stuff," knowing I
would tinker with it for too long and use mostly bungees and a
variety of fasteners. But it is pretty nearly done. It runs from in
front of the mast to the end of the boom, with a small extension that
fastens over the aft end of the tiller. (That provides a fine aft end
tie, and protects my lovingly applied too-many coats of varnish.)
When I get this last edition back, I will pass the word here
especially to Bill Felton, and take photos and submit them to Bill's
fine site.
John R. Butler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats