Hi All,
I received an E-mail with photos from Kendall who lives in Bossier City,
Louisiana. Let me say I believe this may be the best (worse) case of M-boat
neglect ever witnessed. I promise to make a page on the Photo Site for this
boat as she is resurrected. I'll include the before photos which are only
believable when seen. Anyway, Kendall needs advice and he is asking the
right group. Let's see what we can do to get yet another M15 back on the
water.  Kendall has subscribed to the list, but his first post included
photos and may not have made it to the group. I'm copying and including his
first post:

"A woman that moved to Texas offered my family her sailboat.  I was not
aware what a M-15 even was.  Here are the pics of us cutting 5 trees to get
it out.  It had been parked since 1985.  One tree was larger than 10" at the
base.  It was growing up thru the front of the trailer. The mainsail and the
trolling motor were in the front of the cabin.    We have been waiting on
her to produce a registration and title before we spent money on it.  She
called last week with good news!  She found it.

We rescued it from the woods...now what?

Best thing to clean the hull with?  What will make it white again?
Wood on interior rotted.  Cabin door trashed.  Cushions functional but
nasty.
Engine probably inop.
Where can I purchase new (or gently used) sails?
How can I make the exterior wood look good again?
The top of the CB is broken.  How can I fix it?  Can I purchase a
replacement?
Should I replace the cables?

I can't wait for decent weather!
I want to clean the hull out with the pressure washer and shop vac.

I'm glad I found MSOG. Please help me.
Thanks,
Kendall
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to