Yep, that's the ticket. Thanks!
Bill
M17 #617> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:39:36 -0800> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
[email protected]> Subject: Re: M_Boats: Headsail Tack> >
Took for granted you understood the snap shackle remains permanently> attached
to the stem fitting. The bail is large enough to accommodate> all my head sails
but the drifter--the clew grommet is too small. I> use a long D shackle in
conjunction with the snap shackle on that> one... tom> > On Feb 19, 2008 9:31
AM, Tom Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > I use a snap schackle like RF6240
from ronstan (search for RF6240 on> > their website--it's not the only one that
will work). Very easy to> > use, secure, and hard to lose overboard. I use the
second small hole> > for the headstay. I believe there is a reason for that,
but I can't> > remember now what it is. tom> >> >> >> > 2008/2/18 bill safford
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:> >> > >> > > What is the cleanest, most straight-forward
way to attach a hanked on headsail to a late model M17? The headstay fitting is
fabricated SS rather than the earlier cast aluminum. The headstay fitting has
three equal distance holes (I haven't measured the diameter of the holes). I
use the forward most hole for the headstay. I'm thinking a simple "D" shackle
would do, but I can't find the exact one. Would a long "D" shackle be better
than standard? I hate the idea of fumbling around with a "D" shackle on the
foredeck--then plop into the water. Ideas/advice?> > >> > > Bill> > >> > > M17
#617> > > _________________________________________________________________> >
> Help Splitzo Sally Before It's Too Late!> > >
http://www.thegirlwhosplitinto5.com/> > >
_______________________________________________> > >
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats> > >> >>
>> >> > --> >> >> > Tom & Jane> > M17 dharma bum> >> > > > -- > > > Tom & Jane>
M17 dharma bum> > _______________________________________________>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_________________________________________________________________
Publish your photos to your Space easily with Photo Gallery.
http://www.get.live.com/wl/all
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats