I stepped the mast for the first time yesterday on Texas Doghouse and I have a 
couple of questions. I think I have it up properly, and I know that the tension 
on the shrouds and stays are in a reasonably close range to where needed(I'll 
tweak before sailing), but the spreaders seem to angle aft and slightly up, 
which I don't recall seeing on a boat before. I've looked for picture at the 
website but can't seem to find anything that shows. The way the spreaders are 
connected, and the way they can only partially rotate seems to indicate that 
were they to be positioned any other way, the shrouds would have never reached 
their connections on the cabin side.

Also. I know the uppers need to be tightened more than the lowers, but in what 
order do tey attach? I currenly hace them with the upper in the bottom of the 
two holes and the lower in the top, but wanted to make sure that is correct.


Rodney Holland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EarthLink Revolves Around You.
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to