Michael,
What you say makes a lot of sense.  I forgot how close the hatch is to the bow. 
 One dip of the bow and I guess the inside of the cabin would look like a car 
wash.
Thanks,
Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Ray Wisely" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "montgomery boats" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:46:55 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Subject:  Hatches "Joe"

On 4/26/08 7:20 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Subject: M_Boats: Hatches
Hi Joe,

I was puzzled by that as well, however, I'm sure one of the reasons would
become apparent if you were motoring or sailing in chop and nosed into a
swell.  Water over the bow would keep the hatch down in it's current
configuration (if it was to come unlatched or left open) , but not so much
if it opened forward.  Imagine the water intake in such a situation.  Yikes!

On vessels with more foredeck between the bow and a forward hatch, it's
probably not so much of an issue.  Come to think of it, I believe the Chris
Craft 32' that I owned many years ago had a rear facing hatch as
well...hmmm.

My "unlearned, non-sailboat designing" opinion.

Michael Ray



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to