On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Stevan Little via RT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> I do not consider this a bug, an annoyance maybe, but not a bug.

After looking a bit more deeply about how Moose handles attribute
inheritance, I tend to agree with you now. I was originally thinking the
'has +' notation modified the base class's attribute (but in a way only
visible to the derived class), but now I realize it just creates a new
attribute in the derived class with options copied from the base class, and
everything that comes with that.

Awww...I like magic!

> My feeling is that the complexity of making it more magical and all the
> permutations of interactions that
> would result would be less intuitive and more difficult to work with and
> work around. As you discovered
> when you encountered this bug, what was actually happening was pretty
> obvious and simple, thus easier
> to work with and work around.

Fine. I would love to know a straightforward work-around though, that does
not drastically alter class structures. Would it be to much to ask for an
option to 'has +' that simply disables any accessor generation (and
provides/curries methods), that is totally *use-at-own-risk* and would
assume all the appropriate methods were installed in the base class?

> However, if you disagree with me, I am willing to discuss this in more
> detail, but please take it to the
> moose mailing list (moose@perl.org) so that the rest of the community can
> take part of it.

Ok I will CC my reply to this to the list.