On Apr 14, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 02:22:52PM -0400, Stevan Little wrote:
So, while I am not willing to change this behavior, I am willing to add a
warning so that it is not so "silent" anymore. So code like this will
warn you that your overriding a class method.

This is a reasonable compromise, and anyone wanting something stricter can
extend Moose::Meta::Role to get fatal behavior.

You will be able to silence this warning by explicitly excluding the
method from the role, like so:

around() (without calling the next method) would also work.

That won't be detectable at composition time though.

- Stevan