Sigh, sending again because as always, I forgot to use reply to all :(

> perl -Moose -e'has q[format_feed]=> ( isa => "Str", is => "ro" );
> print Class->new->meta->get_attribute(q[format_feed])->get_value()'

get_value requires the instance you are extracting the value from, for
that attribute. "meta" gives you back the metaclass for a class, not
for an instance, so meta doesn't know what instance you're working
with.

Notice in the example you quoted above from the docs, set_value is
being passed an instance, and a value to set the attribute to.

--
   Oliver Charles / aCiD2