Piers,

Hey, thanks for the personal response.

> I used:
>
>    use MooseX::Declare;
>    class Foo {
>        use Method::Signatures::Simple name => 'simple_method'
>    }
>
> Which buys me the full fat MXD 'method' implementation for where I need
> fancy stuff, and a 'simple_method' keyword for the rest of the time.

Yeah, that's a little bit different than what I'm trying to do.  What
I'd prefer is to have MXMS out of the way altogether and then tweak MS
to do the type checking.  I can't explain it, but my limited testing
shows that MS can do what MXMS does--even when I manually add in the
type checking via PV--faster, not to mention the fewer bugs and nicer
error messages.  Not being smart enough to try to "fix" MXMS, I'm just
going to try to cobble together something from what I know works ...
ya know?

> I'm not
> au fait enough with the innards of MXD to know how to alter what it injects
> with the 'class' keyword. Method::Signatures doesn't seem to offer a
> way to override the keyword name, but it should be easy enough to lift the way
> Method::Signatures::Simple does it.

Ah, good tip.  I bet that gets me pointed in the right direction.  Thanks again!

            -- Buddy