So you're setting up javascript interaction with 300+ divs? That's a
lot of wasted cpu cycles; the user will most likely only interact with
30 of those divs (this is a mere guess).

Maybe "event delegation" would be a way to go? - only setting up js
for the html as the user interacts with a specific element.