I'm experiencing a strange problem with the Swiff class.

I was loading an  Actionscript 3 swf into a div using mootools with
the following code:

var swf = new Swiff('webcam.swf', {
        id: 'webcam',
        width: 720,
        height: 370,
        container: $('swf-content'),
        events: {
                onLoad: function(){
                        alert('flash loaded!');
                }
        }
});

Up until a few days ago the onLoad event was giving me an alert as it
should then it suddenly stopped working. I've also tried replacing it
with:

callBacks: {
    load: function(){
        alert('flash loaded!');
    }
}

but this does not produce an alert either. Documentation on the Swiff
class is sparse.

I've looked around and I found the following Actionscript which I
added with no results:

import flash.external.*;

ExternalInterface.call('onLoad');

I also tried:

ExternalInterface.call('load');

with no luck.

Has anyone else encountered issues with onLoad firing properly for
Swiff? I'm brand new to using Swiff and maybe I'm not understanding
how this works or something. I find it really strange that it WAS
working and then stopped.

I've got it working again by using Request and requesting a php file
that has the flash object in it and then setting the HTML of 'swf-
content'. I don't think that's an ideal solution since older versions
of IE will require the object to be activated before it can be used
(ie. ActiveXObject).

I'd really appreciate any insight, thanks!