Happy Happy Joy Joy...

From: wordsbyb...@gmail.com<wordsbyb...@gmail.com>
To: <mootools-users@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2014
Subject: Re: [Moo] jQuery venting !

Happy moo year !!

2014/1/2 dukeofgaming <dukeofgam...@gmail.com>

Glad to see the community is still alive :)

Happy new year, everybody.

On Thursday, December 26, 2013 11:31:38 AM UTC-6, Nutron wrote:

in fact, it could be argued that mootools did not fail at all but rather helped
shape javascript into a better language and has now become redundant. modern
browsers just don't need that much sugar and cross browser shims these days
work around much smaller problems than they used to.

MooTools is anything but a failure. It’s just no longer as relevant. JavaScript
itself has matured and frameworks matter less now. I still use MooTools because
a) it works quite well and b) I enjoy it’s conventions. Also, there are a lot
of spectacularly useful and well-written things written in it. While I don’t
post a lot about JavaScript and I don’t update my repositories on Clientcide
with much fanfare, I’m still pushing changes to Behavior and MooTools Bootstrap
almost daily. We’ve built a remarkably robust UI Framework at Thanx on top of
it. Here, have a screenshot or two:

http://cl.ly/image/1k472329081v
http://cl.ly/image/3E1W133S420l

http://cl.ly/image/0j172t0l1e0p

If I had time (or it was a priority at work) I’d release it all and at some
point I might. But my point is that while MooTools isn’t pushing the edge of
any envelopes it’s a remarkably useful set of tools and is robust, well tested,
and stable.

-a

--

---