Hi all,

A longtime client of mine (for whom I do db and infrastructure work,
not front-end) has a full-time opening for what they describe as an
HTML/CSS developer with growing scripting responsibilities (you would
be replacing an person who had her going-away party yesterday).

They're a 60-year-old financial services company, so if you are
looking to *not* work for one of Aaron's crazy startups (just kidding,
man!) it's the place to be.

I mentioned that I know some very skilled folks from this mailing list
and they thought that sounded promising. Should be admitted that this
place uses a CMS that bundles the j-word, but the job actually doesn't
require fluency in that... word. As we can discuss further, you'd be
maintaining/enhancing a wide-ranging brochureware site with live
pricing feeds the company's products. (Read: not a web app.) I'd
cheerlead for you to introduce Moo as well, though that could readily
get shot down.

The advantages, other than a workplace that gets my seal of approval
(if that matters to anyone who knows me from the list!) are:

* a salary that can bring you to NYC

* exposure to a new kind of enterprise without requiring prior
financial experience

* learning a commercial CMS (Ektron CMS.400)

Write me off-list if you're interested.

-- Sandy

--

---