I live in the UK and I too sent Eugene Hughes 5 posters for backing. I have sent 3 e-mails over the last 2 weeks and not got a reply. I phoned him but only got his answer-phone, so I left a message. He did not respond. On Friday I raised a dispute via SquareTrade. This morning I picked up an e-mail which Eugene sent early Sunday morning in response to the SquareTrade mail. He apologised and said he had family problems but asked for my name & address so he could track my order and give me an update. I have just done that and I told him he should post to MOPO and explain himself.

His e-mail came from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 

This is all very suspicious particularly as he is still listing linenbacking services every 3 days on eBay. He has stopped using the eBay account with username "linenback-com", presumably due to negative feedback. He currently uses username "linenback" but he changed it on July 13th from "linenback-comm", one of several username changes.

 

This is the second time I have used his services. The first time took a while and his communication was less than expected but all was well in the end.

Was this just a confidence booster? I was sceptical at first on using his services particularly as I could not understand how he could do it so cheaply, but his postings to MOPO convinced me to take the plunge since he appeared to know what he was talking about and had some respect from others.

 

I wait eagerly for his update but if his says he will ship it this week, do I just sit back and wait a further 3-5 weeks in the hope he is genuine, when he could be scamming more people?

 

The saying "If it appears too good to be true, it probably is." haunts me.

 

David

 


From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Laskowsky
Sent: 31 July 2004 16:41
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MOPO] What's Up With Eugene Hughs???

 

Hello,

 

I have sent five posters for backing to Eugene Hughs back in June and have not heard back from him. I also see that he is getting negitive feedback on Ebay due to him not sending back posters to Ebay auction winners for poster backing. They also claim that he does not respond to e-mails. Does anyone know what is going on with My Hughs?

 

Concerned,

Mike


Do you Yahoo!?

Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com

___________________________________________________________________

How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing List

Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L

The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!



***********************************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments are for the use of the addressee only.
It may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. It is not a contract, and prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy.

Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily
reflect those of pancredit Systems Limited. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not copy, distribute or disseminate this e-mail or attachments to anyone other than the addressee.
If you receive this communication in error please advise us by telephone at once.

Registered Office:-
pancredit Systems Limited
pancredit House, 12 Moorfield Close
Leeds, LS19 7YA
Registered Company No. 2215760


Tel: +44 (0)113 250 0260
Fax: +44 (0)113 250 0621
***********************************************************************************
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
___________________________________________________________________
How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing List
Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L
The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

Reply via email to