Hmmm...  a poster collector gone...... sad.. i didn't know him
either...

 bummer,,,,   this is interesting... as I was just thinking what happens

to these

giant lifelong collections that have been hoarded without ever selling
them will they be auctioned off on ebay /??  and gone in like a weekend
after being saved since the 60s???

where will they GO...???  To a museum that will show them??

to a college??? to a orphanage???

will they end up split between relatives that never even liked Movies???

will the Kids sell them so they can Buy a pair of jet skis????

If this all seems taboo to speak about its because Its become my passion

to help people see the futility of materialism and devoting their lives
to buying stuff when all we have to leave with is our essence... a soul

Yet  if it were not for the John Parnums much of the posters would not
be saved...

But then will anybody remember except people that sold him posters??

will a " John Parnum " plaque be made and all the poster dispersed be
from  The Parnum Collection???

Interesting if we knew many of the lineage of whose hands the posters
have been in would be a story in itself...

I am curious how many collectors have a detailed summery of their
collections to leave to their heirs...
or plans on who will inherit it or how it will be dispersed...

In my time in this business 28 years this year... I have rarely seen
collections

end up with a happy ending...  Most are sold to speculators that just
seal up in boxes as part of their portfolio... the few serious
passionate collectors that
really love it often do not have the finances to ever afford things that

match the passion...

or they become entangled in buys that exceed their living standards and
causes financial hardship...

The ones that got in before it was cool.. or vogue to buy usually were
the real mccoys... .   the Businessman then saw gold in the
collectibles..  hence... 1/2 of america has kids with like 300 beanie
babies set aside for " College"... wow real rocket science thinking
there..

Today as I walked the park I became aware of how our forefathers would
laugh at us lot.... we get hissy fits when the microwave is two seconds
over,,

but Imagine having to run after yout food.!!  ..!!  I looked at
squirrels and thought hell it would take me all day to catch one... and
they were everywhere.. But a deer could take a week to find then stalk
then run after a deer??  wow... no wonder they needed bows...  I would
be a vegan
by necessity..

so when you think its rough take a walk in the forest and think back....

man there was all kind of danger and  disease  ... and bears!

and lions and tigers..:):)

so Moral of the story....???

simplify... see as many living things as you can before you croak,,,

and invest in other peoples lives...

best,

Tom