Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 13:07
Subject: [MOPO] zero feedback bidders, clarification from Dave at CineMasterpieces

Hello all,

Let me clarify some things.

I welcome zero feedback bidders. Like it says in my auctions plain as day "ANYONE CAN BID ON THIS ITEM". I'm just requiring the zeros to "register" with me first. Bruce does this on his major auctions, Sotheby's, Christie's, and every other professional auction house requires it....so whats the difference? As long as its done politely like I do and I explain why I have the policy to them I see no problem. If a zero feedback bidder truly has good intentions and isn't some kid messing around, then they have no problem with my policy.

I never said they have to CALL me, they just have to provide me with a valid name, address, and phone number. By email or phone...its their choice. If they win the auction they are going to have to provide this information anyway, so it is not invasive. Some may consider asking for a phone number to be invasive. Well, thats a judgment call.

Can you imagine if people were allowed to stroll into Sotheby's in the middle of an auction and start bidding anonymously without registering? Ebay allows this, I'm just leveling the playing field a little.

And as far as buying from zero feedback sellers, I've only done it once, can't even remember what it was for, but if I had got screwed I would definitely remember it so I'm sure it was a pleasant transaction.

Anyone can bid on this item, however, those with ZERO feedback must contact us with a valid name, address, and phone number before bidding or their bids will be cancelled."

If zero feedback bidders bid anyway, then I kindly send them this email:

"Hello there, Thank you for bidding on my xxxxx Poster. I'm not sure if you read my auction description, but I have a policy that states that bidders with zero feedback must contact me before bidding or their bids will be cancelled. This is due to prior experience I've had with non paying bidders. Sorry about this. Please contact me as soon as possible by email ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or phone (xxx xxx-xxxx). You must provide me with a valid name, address and phone number. If I don't hear from you I will be forced to cancel your bid. Thank you for understanding. Sincerely, David A. Lieberman, CineMasterpieces.

If I don't here from them, then I cancel their bid.

David Lieberman
CineMasterpieces.com
480 607 9700