Eisner will certainly be missed.. I meant to send on a note about 2 days
ago when I first heard about it..

I'm lucky enough to have had many Eisner originals in my career as an art
seller.. For many years in my own collection I had a very early 1941 Spirit
splash page that I sold in 1993 for $7500.

My favorite Spirit story was from 1948 called "Plaster of Paris" which was
also reprinted in the 1966 Harvey comics. I was totally thrilled in 1988
when I was actually able to acquire the complete 7 page story (meaning the
art folks) which is one of the few comic art items I still own.. I've been
offered a lot of dough for that story..... but I've stuck with it through
thick & thin....

Eisner himself was a wonderful gentleman whom I had many pleasures to meet
& even had breakfast with once. I saw him only last year and he was such a
robust man that I felt he was in better shape at 85 years old than most
people half his age.. To tell the truth.. I thought he might live forever..

Fortunately, his legacy will live forever.