I agree Ginette, and I couldn't have said it better myself.
I am also tired of hearing Bruce's self praise. Bruce, if you want to go, don't let the door hit you on the toochis as you leave.  Someone as wonderful as you wouldn't want a flat tush!

Andrea
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 12:25 AM
Subject: [MOPO] Some unsolicited advice for Bruce

I bet that if we went back and counted, we would find that Bruce either resigns from MoPo or threatens to resign about once a year. He seems to have an annual need to prompt all of his "fans" to beg him to stay. It's an ego thing.

Bruce, there's no doubt that you are knowledgeable and successful. But you'd be a lot more tolerable as a human being if you would make an effort to curtail what seems to me to be nearly out-of-control narcissism. I have nothing against you professionally. In fact, my only impressions of you come from your comments on MoPo, and I never cease to be amazed at your manner of speaking of yourself. You’re so egotistical, I sometimes wonder if it's a joke. Unfortunately, you seem to take yourself so seriously it's often hard to share the same cyber space with you.

I know that your natural reaction to any criticism of your personal behavior is to tell yourself and others that the person speaking unkindly of you has an ax to grind or is jealous for some reason, but that's truly not the case here. I just think your life would be much happier if you took a good, hard look at why you are so full of yourself and why you have a near pathological need for praise and adoration. I recommend counseling, and I'm not being facetious.

Sorry to be rude, but I've wanted to say that for years.

Ginette