Hi Dave

Thanks for the introduction and the best of luck.

Shelly

----Original Message Follows---- From: Phil Edwards Cinema Arts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: Phil Edwards Cinema Arts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU Subject: Re: [MOPO] FS: Announcing a new vintage poster website, and my first Mo-Po post Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:44:06 +1100

Dave - All good luck with your website and for the future. It has some very
nice pieces and the Bogart rant is a riot!
Regards,
Phil & Mila

Phil Edwards Cinema Arts Pty Ltd
26 Vista Avenue
Soldiers Point
NSW 2317
AUSTRALIA
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone/Fax (International Dial) 0011 61 2 49847233
Phone/Fax  (Domestic Dial) 02 4984 7233
Website: www.cinemarts.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Ressler
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 7:22 PM
  Subject: [MOPO] FS: Announcing a new vintage poster website, and my first
Mo-Po post

Hello All,

  A late night note from the east coast, but I wanted to get this out
before hitting the sack. At the recommendation of a friend and Mo-Po
subscriber, as well as gracious Mo-Po emcee Scott Burns, I wanted to
introduce my new website to all Mo-Po members. This is also my first Mo-Po
post, so I thought a brief introduction would be in order.

  My name is Dave Ressler, and I'm located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. I
have collected all manner of things, a disease of sorts I suppose, ever
since I was a kid growing up in Pennsylvania. I moved to Ohio in 1986 and
began working at Procter and Gamble shortly thereafter in research and
development. I'll be married for 20 years this coming August, and have a 15
year-old daughter. About a year after I moved here I somehow stumbled across
an issue of Movie Collector's World, which introduced me to what I consider
to be the ultimate collectible in vintage film posters and lobby cards. I've
dealt with many dealers and collectors over the years, and remember making
my first purchases from guys like Todd Feiertag and Bill Luton (at a time
when they still sent out catalogs). Scanning over the Mo-Po archives, I
notice posts from many that I have known from the past, or have dealt with
in recent years on eBay.

  I have sold a fair number of items on eBay over the past 6 years, but not
a great deal. Although it certainly has its merits, I have always found eBay
to be a bit impersonal, and had often thought about doing my own website as
a better expression of myself. However, getting from the concept to the
finish line was no simple task, and took longer than I had hoped. But I'm
finally "on the air".

  For those who might consider purchasing from me, I guarantee a pleasant
experience. I will never be the biggest dealer (and I'm certainly awed by
some sites out there which offer thousands of items), but I do promise
excellent service and products. I'll provide accurate descriptions and
images (and if there is more that you'd like to know about an item, please
ask). I guarantee all items to be exactly as described, or will fully refund
your money, no questions asked. I ship promptly and package items extremely
well, and can honestly say that - to my knowledge - I have never had an
unsatisfied customer in this or any other hobby. I'll be more than happy to
supply references to anyone in doubt. But as I interpret my being a member
of Mo-Po, I'm opening myself up to a world of hurt if I do you wrong!

  Ordering and contact information can be found on the site. Email contact
is the easiest (and cheapest) way to reserve items, but you can also phone
me or fax your request. Other collectibles are featured on the site, but the
majority of the material will be vintage film posters from the 1920's on up.
I just updated the site tonight, so as I send this out all of the items are
currently available. I will mark the home page with a new date every time I
update the site, so you may want to mark it as a favorite and check it out
every now and then -- if the date at the top has changed, new items will
have been added.

  That's about it for the sales pitch. I won't bend everyone's ear to this
extent again, although I will probably post short messages when I update the
site. Thanks to all for listening! Here is the link to the site:

  http://www.coolcalmandcollectible.com

  Dave
  Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/