Thanks for the heads up!  I have a bid on that poster.  Glad I don't have the top bid.
 John

Mark Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Beware MoPo,

This supposed WC was up for auction about a week ago.  I too have checked into this.  I kept asking this guy for more pictures, better descriptions, etc...  He kept gaffing me off.
I then asked if he would accept escrow.com to protect myself.  He would only accept Paypal.  I spoke to the  winner of the last auction and he had several problems with the sellers paypal account so they never completed the transaction. ( I know the winner and he is an honorable collector) To see what the seller would say I asked him what happened to the last auction and the seller said "the winner never responded to my emails so I listed it again".
It has all the red flags of a scam!

Good Hunting!!
Mark

"deball.oh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This day the earth stood still WC is a fake, seller is listing it as an original.

Looks like an image of the 1sh. was put on the card to make appear to be the original WC....

Blank boarder at the top not wide enough.
White lettering on the "The Day the Earth Stood Still" to white compared to the rest of the card.
Image area is offset.
Black area at the bottom where the credits are is to high (wide).

beware if bidding!

Doug Ball
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com

Do you Yahoo!?