Wow what a waste.

As someone who has wanted that poster for years -- I'm thrilled to hear that
your copy will be in the hands of someone, who quite frankly, doesn't give a
rats ass.

Perhaps you should re-consider your bequest, and leave him the poster that HE
would like best.

I'm with Mr. Ramone on this one.  The best thing you can do with your
collection when you die, is to break it up and give the next generation of
collectors a chance to fill in the gaps of their own collection.

BTW: I am nearly 40 and plan to live another 40 years.  So, if your interested,
the auction will be held March 1, 2046 at Heritage and it will contain, believe
it or not, BOTH styles of 1-sheet for "Howards of Virginia"!!!  Order your
catalog today!

Evan

it is very sad, no matter what you collect, that after years and years of
painstaking focus on collecting, ultimately, your collection is divided among
dozens of other collectors who are unaware of how you found that rare item (or
waited for an ebay auction to end to know it was yours).

i started chat a year ago on MOPO on just that subject.

my brother will inherit all my posters (and i told him what to do with my
collection via sales).  but, i also, told him that he should keep just one
symbolic piece.  my favorite poster for so many reasons is my one sheet of
NOTORIOUS.  it is not my most expensive.  it is not the best looking piece i
have.  it is not in mint condition.  but, it is my favorite, so i told him to
keep it as a remembrance.  he asked me what it was worth, and i told him.  he
replied, "...can't i keep a cheaper one?".