So i get this email about a NYC filmfest that will be happening with the tribeca fest
Ok i run and express mail  Tommys robot film.. and then I come home and read the fine print..

well it turns out this Guy was cured By films in ww1 from shellshock... Post traumatic shock.??.
and they have a group that looks for films that cure people from laughter.. go figure..

If anybody fins themselves cured by laughter from my sons film let me know.. as.. well

I  have no idea if it will make people have peals of laughter.. what the hell is a peal anyway.?

I am at a loss for words...  also... when I saw the www.feverfilms.org and clicked it well
its about robots but alot more!!   all i can say is  If we are wierd what the heck is that!

From 1998 - 2004, Collective: Unconscious hosted the Robert
Beck Memorial Cinema (RBMC), curated by Bradley Eros and
Brian Frye. RBMC is dedicated to Robert Beck, an American
serviceman in WWI, stricken by shellshock, leaving him deaf
and dumb. While viewing a film in a sanatorium, Mr. Beck
broke into peals of laughter and was suddenly cured of his
affliction. The film that cured Mr. Beck was never discovered,
but the curators launched the series in the hopes that the
films that are seen will inspire similar kinds of spontaneous
awakening. RBMC features both curated and spur-of
-the-moment screenings for all levels of filmmakers that all
enlighten on some level.

This the the last chance to submit to the 1st Lower West Side Film Festival.
We're committed to showing small gauge and experimental film, so I urge
member of
the small gauge list to send us their films.
We're also looking for installations, film performances,
and performances incorporating film and video in an integral way.

The POSTMARK DEADLINE has been EXTENDED to
MARCH 10, 2005.
FEE WAIVED FOR SMALL GAUGE FILMS!!!

Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Submit your short film
to the Lower West Side Film Festival. This festival runs
concurrently as an alternative to the Tribeca Film Festival.
Collective: Unconscious launches the first Lower West Side
Film Festival, April 22 - 27, 2005, as an alternative exhibition
opportunity for film artists and multimedia artists. The Festival
will feature screenings showcasing more than 50 alternative
filmmakers at Collective: Unconscious and other venues in
Lower Manhattan. Collective: Unconscious is located at 279
Church Street, New York City.

The Lower West Side Film Festival films will be selected by
the festival programming committee. All film selections will be
posted at www.weird.org/lwsff during the first week of April.
The festival is organized and programmed by an eclectic mix
of filmmakers, writers, directors, animators and producers.

From 1998 - 2004, Collective: Unconscious hosted the Robert
Beck Memorial Cinema (RBMC), curated by Bradley Eros and
Brian Frye. RBMC is dedicated to Robert Beck, an American
serviceman in WWI, stricken by shellshock, leaving him deaf
and dumb. While viewing a film in a sanatorium, Mr. Beck
broke into peals of laughter and was suddenly cured of his
affliction. The film that cured Mr. Beck was never discovered,
but the curators launched the series in the hopes that the
films that are seen will inspire similar kinds of spontaneous
awakening. RBMC features both curated and spur-of
-the-moment screenings for all levels of filmmakers that all
enlighten on some level.

Please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] to obtain press
credentials.

Collective: Unconscious is one of the last remaining
alternative art spaces in Lower Manhattan. Collective:
Unconscious is an inclusive, creative community run by a
volunteer group of artist/administrators. Its mission is to serve
as an incubator for the New York City artistic community by
providing an affordable venue for rehearsals and
performances, promoting these artists' work, and serving as a
technical and administrative resource center.

More information and entry forms are available at
http://www.weird.org/LWSFF/
Deadlines & Fees
Early: February 15, 2005 (postmark), $25
Late: March 10, 2005 (postmark), $35
(FEE WAIVED FOR SMALL GAUGE FILMS --
PLEASE NOTE ON YOUR APPLICATION "FEE
WAIVED BY SKJ")

More info: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Lower West Side Film Festival is accepting submissions
of short films in all genres, including experimental, narrative,
sexy, sensual and edgy, documentary and animation. Other
screening opportunities will include a roving video van and
Open Film Night which will showcase films that are
ten-minutes and under on a first-come-first serve basis. All
films will be screened on Super8mm, 16mm, miniDV, VHS or
DVD format. The only competition in the festival will be the
Best of the Festival awards selected through audience
surveys.

Mailing address for entries:
Collective: Unconscious LWSFF
PO Box 2026