From: Planetbiz
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:26
Subject: [MOPO] Bill's Bad Seller UPDATE

DISCLAIMER:  This message contains information concerning my personal experience with this particular Seller.  It is not intended to be a wholesale condemnation of this Seller.  It’s possible that this Seller has had many positive transactions with the movie poster collecting community.

However based upon my experience, I WILL NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER

Seller:   Ebay ID =         spookycyn

                                      Broomfield, CO

Items in Question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6394522066 (Phantom Menace DS teaser OS)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6394524246 (ESB GWTW tri-fold OS)

I sent the Seller the following set of questions concerning these posters: (slightly customized for each poster)

Hi. I'm very interested in this poster as well as the ESB but would like to be assured of its authenticity as an original theatrical release poster. Will you please provide exact measurements? Can you provide a closeup picture of the bottom border of the poster? Can you confirm that it has a Lucas watermark? Are you able to provide the name of the dealer whom you purchased it from? Your no Refund/Return policy is troubling, will you guarantee that it is original and that any information provided is correct? Will you provide return/refund if the information turns out to not be exactly correct? THANK YOU, Bill

Here’s the Reply:

Hi Bill:

Please do not bid on this poster, you sound as though you do not trust anyone and quite frankly I don't think I want to do business with you.

Thanks

Notes:

The posters may in fact be legitimate, but why would I buy from a dealer with this type of response to my questions.  Yup I should trust this person, especially when he has the following Return policy (Not).

Absolutely NO REFUNDS, NO RETURNS. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please bid responsibly.

Yours in Collecting,

Bill