If it wasnt for Steven the Movies would have folded up and left in the 70s!
( in my opinion)
If you look at the numbers and films Like: " Raiders of the Lost ark," "ET
"and the others..
entire cineplexs owe Spielberg for selling seats.. and plenty ofspin offs
and product placements!
My son and I remarked.. he is a showman and has lots of visual and audio
tricks to build suspence
and its in and like a childs eyes and ears.. his use of timing and
unpredictable stunts has given him
a style.. like the T rex in Jurassic and raptors,, and his use of duffused
Light has become a trademark Look.  yet in Color Purple the story telling is
dreamy and hits the Human core.. evenwith a damn
Puppet ET who didnt get a Lump when the little elliot was losing his
friend???? i sure did and when someone can take a puppet and make me feel
for it ( a very ugly puppet I might add)
so... If you invested in a Filmmaker To get gross reciepts .. Steven wins
hands down as far as
demos in my Opinion.  Lucas alsohas a money machine as well as the other
Hit makers
Tom