Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 12:50
Subject: [MOPO] WARNING!! New E-Bay Scam!!

Fellow MoPoers:

After careful avoiding all previous spoof E-Bay mails to wrestle my user name and pass word, the one I received today, may have been successful.

It appears to be a typical "Message from E-Bay member" query, but when you click on the link to the, it requests you user name and password instead of going directly to the listing. Though I initially filled in the in the information, I decided to check out the item number via E-bay's standard search. Imagine my surprise when the item turned out to be a laptop computer!!

I am not certain that the spoof captures the information once it is entered into the appropriate spaces, or whether the message must be sent in order to reveal the information. In any event, I changed my password immediately. If you've replied to a similar bogus message, I'd suggest you do the same.

Best,

Earl Blair
CAPTAIN BIJOU
www.captainbijou.com