Hey Dave and all,

   Phil is right, AOL is a pain. About 15-20% of my framing auctions on ebay are won by people with AOL addresses. I immediately send them a verification notice and a request for size information. After no response for 2-3 days, I email again, hoping that this time it will get through. Sometimes it does and most times it doesn't. So, I have to go through ebay and get contact info which is many time outdated. People never think to update their contact info if they move or change their phone number. So, I have to mail out an actual letter to them to let them know I received their order and have not been successful through email or phone contacting them. On every listing of mine on ebay, I have a note about AOL users. Obviously, not everyone reads it. Also, I have found that many AOL users don't know anything about spam filters or even how to get into their junk folder. I have had people swear they never received any email from me and I take them into their junk folder and there they are, but they claim they have never even checked their junk folder, they just automatically let it delete every 7 days or whatever. So, I guess that's the way it is, a royal pain.

Sue
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:09 AM
Subject: [MOPO] What's the deal with e-mails to AOL users?

This has likely been explained before, but what's the deal -- one year later
-- with e-mails TO users of AOL?  I know there was an issue with super
aggressive spam filters at AOL -- (and my Hotmail account has VASTLY
improved now that Microsoft has instsalled its own filters; I only get 2
junk e-mails per day on average).

But I've sent a slew of notes to friends all over the place, including to
the UK -- and I get bounce-backs or notices that my missives have been
"delayed" by AOL.  What's exasperating is replies I've been getting are
a "fight" with an AOL user in the UK about "WOTW" (heh-heh) -- and he's
replying to stuff I wrote two days ago, and the time stamps show he's
replying to mails JUST received.  Crazy!

-koose.