Thanks Scott - and I'm using a post to say this. This is all a big pain
in the arse for all of us.

But does this resolve any of the AOL issues?

I'm still waiting to see if Freeman Fisher gets my emails, and if we can
do a deal worth potentially several hundred dollars to both of us....

or whether that poor newbie person on eBay who thinks they bought a DVD
from us when actually it's a lobby card and described as such
can't get my email explaining we'll let them opt out of the deal.

These are AOL issues.

JR is right. Until we all start kicking AOL's arse where it hurts, they
aren't going to change this marketing "strategy".

Until AOL users start getting one of several free emails accounts
(Yahoo, Hotmail, GMail whatever) so the rest of the world can START
TALKING TO THEM and doing business with them, then AOL users are going
to end up losing out big time.

Yes,  vicious, yes, frustrated. Yes, can't believe that AOL users can be
such bozos and so cocooned in their AOL worlds. Wake up people. The rest
of us want to talk to you and do business with you. Your ISP is only
interested in getting new subscribers. Hello!

Utterly bizarre.

I am a dick length's away from simply cancelling AOL user bids on my
eBay auctions and my forthcoming mega upload to Movie Poster Bids
Horror/SF auctions for August.

Phil

Scott Burns wrote:

MoPo'ers:

American University informs me that MoPo should be back to normal. Our
group had to be "recreated" on AU's listserv. Unfortunately this has
caused some additional problems:

1)  Some of you receiving posts may be surprised since you
UNSUBSCRIBED from MoPo--some many months ago.  I'm not sure what sub
list AU used, but it appears some former subscribers have been
reinstated. My apologies to those of you--we're not trying to force
you to be a part of MoPo. Simply unsubscribe again by sending a
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and type in the BODY of your
message SIGNOFF MOPO-L. Or e-mail me and I'll remove you.

2) Those of you who received MoPo posts in DIGEST form will have to
re-set that option with the listserv. You can do this by sending a
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and type in the BODY of your
message SET MOPO-L DIGEST. Again, I can set the option for you if you
have a problem.

The AOL delivery issue remains unresolved, but AU claims it is on
AOL's side.

Again, sorry for all the problems. Must be the heat.

Scott
MoPo List Owner