Hello Alfredo,
    The only problem with typical shrink wrapping is that the material is very low grade and will continue to shrink in heat. It is also fairly thin and can tear easily. When I use to do shows, I would buy bags from www.bagsunlimited.com and pieces of foamcore from my local art store. Using cardboard as the backing product, which many people do for shows, is not good for longterm storage as it is loaded with acid. With the bags you can open them up from the back to give them to the buyer and you still have your bag and foamcore backing. Shrinkwrapping it is a one shot deal.  The bags I use to get were of good quality and very clear. You can look at their website for details. For the foamcore backing you don't have to get the archival kind. Even regular foamcore is 100 times better than a piece of cardboard and not much more money. The foamcore I use in the frames I ship you is either ph neutral or museum conservation. That is not necessary for your displaying purposes for shows. It is typically a temporary situation. So, good luck. Sue Heim @ www.hollywoodposterframes.com (800) 463-2994
----- Original Message -----
From: az
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: [MOPO] Shrink Wrapping

Anyone have advise on shrink-wrapping, particularly as to services and
supplies? I'm looking to start using this method as a way of taking
one-sheets on the road to shows and street fairs. I have had several
posters shrink-wrapped for a dozen years or more and it's been a great
way (short of linen-backing or framing) of preserving the fragile stuff
for comparatively little money. I'd like to know who all does this and
also if the pre-sized sleeves that one can finalize using a heat gun
are a good idea/investment.

Thanks all,
Alfredo