...allow me to point out that if anyone does have a deflector grid capable of disintegrating a category 5 storm, it would be the POTUS.

As MOPO's only meteorologist by trade (that has admitted to be so, anyway) I find JR's comment concerning "deflector girds disintegrating" weather phenomena quite amusing. Amusing because there are those out there that believe the Gov capable of such incredible science fiction as manipulating the weather to suit political and financial needs.

Case in point...

www.weatherwars.info

A site run by Pocatello, Idaho's own local "TV Weatherman" Scott Stevens (are we proud, or what?) and frequent guest of Art Bell, night radio's paranoid propagandist.

Yes, I know: by providing his web site address I give him the publicity that he seeks. But you might check it out just for a goof. Trust me, it is all science fiction. (Square clouds? Yeah, right...). The only thing missing from his site is the frantic warning of "Watch the skies, everywhere! Keep looking. Keep watching the skies!"

BTW: Latest New Orleans forecast. Tornados are a BIG concern now:

INLAND HURRICANE WARNING IN EFFECT HURRICANE WARNING IN EFFECT TORNADO WATCH 754 IN EFFECT FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT
Today
...Widespread heavy rain and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...Then widespread rain in the afternoon. Strong winds. Highs in the mid 80s. North winds 55 to 70 mph with gusts to around 90 mph becoming west and Decreasing to 25 to 65 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 100 percent.

Tonight...Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers in the evening...Then isolated showers after midnight. Windy. Lows in the mid 70s. West winds 15 to 30 mph Decreasing to 10 to 20 mph after midnight. Chance of showers 40 percent.

Tuesday...Partly cloudy with scattered showers. Highs in the lower 90s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of showers 30 percent.

pj, weather guy
bigtownfilmposters.org

JR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's too bad that some people are so politically-correct that they can't read a little joke without getting all in a lather.

The simple fact is the hurricane is going to come ashore somewhere -- I was just pointing out that there are alternative landing zones besides the lovely old city of New Orleans -- and that he President *is* in the general vicinity.

But, as long as people are taking my crack seriously, allow me to point out that if anyone does have a deflector grid capable of disintegrating a category 5 storm, it would be the POTUS.

But hey, how come nobody ever gets all huffy at the Secret Service for calling the President a POTUS, anyway? Seems a lot more disrespectful than anything I said...

And nothing I said could possibly be considered "political" anyway, all I suggested was that I'd rather see him get rained on than the city of New Orleans be wiped out... unless it was the idea of him getting all wet. But that's not the same thing as being all wet. Is it?

OK, that last *was* a little political... but since I'm being tarred and feathered for the crime I might as well indulge a bit... and since when isn't a President fair game for a joke or two? It's an American tradition, right up there with Mom and apple pie. Or is it true what they say, that Republicans have no sense of humor?

Y'all need to lighten up on the knee-jerk defensive reactions.

-- JR