From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kirby
McDaniel
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:31 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] From Kirby McDaniel at MovieArt: OFF TOPIC BUT IMPORTANT

The disaster in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast area is unprecedented
in many ways.  I have many friends in the area
and it is slowly becoming apparent that the situation is fiercer than
anyone could have imagined.  The notion that
New Orleans "dodged a bullet" because Katrina turned eastward
slightly is deceptive because the problems plaguing
New Orleans are manifesting in ways that are suprising.  Disease is
just over the horizon.  The mosquito problem will
be enormous.  Lots of dead animals.

The BEST thing many of us can do to help - and it will be a help - is
to make a monetary donation to The American
Red Cross.  The Red Cross and FEMA are on the front lines of this
thing.  I hope the movie poster collector and dealer
community will respond quickly.  It's important to make a donation
quickly.  The Red Cross needs enormous amounts
of money NOW.

You can Google for the Red Cross; I'm sure it will be apparent how to
make a donation.

I have heard from Ed Poole who has found lodging here in Austin -- it
took him 18 hours to drive to Austin
from New Orleans -- and he and his family are safe.  LAMP is online
and working normally.  We are working
to get him connected to the site.  Sue has been able to send out some
e-mails.

Kirby McDaniel
www.movieart.net