MoPo'ers:

Rudy Franchi is also having bounced mail problems so he asked me to forward this post back to the group.

Scott

From: Rudy Franchi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:57 PM

Subject: Re: [MOPO] Interesting Bid History

Who would bid on that signed photo without better and larger scans? Also, that GWTW signed program is most suspicious. It is not the premiere program, but rather the lobby program sold during film's first run. Are we to assume all those people showed up at the local cinema on a Saturday night? And as far a round robin signing, I've never known of a piece to avoid disappearing or being damaged somewhere during its travels from signer to signer. Further , as with the Wizard of Oz multi signed page, all sigs seem to be in the same ink. If you look at other items up for sale, they include all the holy grails of autograph collecting. The whole thing reminds me of the incident a few years ago when the FBI busted a huge ring of vendors of fake signed baseballs. When they logged in the unsold items, they found the obligatory Babe Ruths and Mickey Mantles plus a ball "signed" by Mother Theresa.

Regards,
rudy franchi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Nostalgia Factory, 50 Terminal St., Bldg. 2
Boston, MA 02129 617 241 8300/ 800 479 8754/Fax: 617 241 0710
eBay User I.D.: firedog

"If the world made any sense, we'd all die in graveyards." Georges Simenon
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com