Fellow MoPoers:

My deepest, heartfelt thanks to all of your for your prayers and concerns during Hurricane Rita. We made it through with a small amount of property damage, the usual fallen limbs and leaves and a brief power outage. Others both near and suffered far worse. At this writing, there are still 600,000 people in Houston and surrounding areas that are without power. Some areas may not be restored ten days.

The city is slowly crawling back to life as cars are streaming back via the highways in an orderly return based on which area of the county which you live. Nearby cities like Port Arthur and Lake Charles are still under curfew. The City of Cameron, Louisiana suffered enormous devastation. All are still in need of your prayers and contributions.

Last night, we left the house for the first time in three days to survey the damage in our area, and, surprisingly, found a family-owned Mexican restaurant open and bulging with people. The laughter and conversation filled the room as waiters hustled about. Everything appeared so normal; it is hard to believe that 36 hours all were huddled in places seeking shelter from the coming storm. Such is the resiliency of the human spirit…

As things slowly return to the routine, I am busily bringing my office back to life returning computers and inventory from storage. I found time to post a small selection of vintage posters and lobby cards on E-Bay. Life as, they say, goes on. Here’s a partial list. Just click on the title to go to the E-Bay listing:

ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET THE KILLER – 1949 – VFN lobby card

THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA – 1954 – Humphrey Bogart, Ava Gardner insert

CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN – 1955 science-fiction insert

CURUCU, BEAST OF THE AMAZON – 1956 – Insert – Reynold Brown art

FATHER OF THE BRIDE – 1950 – Spencer Tracy, Ava Gardner – VFN insert

GIGANTIS, THE FIRE MONSTER – 1959 – 2nd Godzilla film – ½ sheet

IN OLD CHEYENNE – 1941 – Roy Rogers ½ sheet

MR. & MRS. NORTH – 1941 – Gracie Allen detective comedy – Lobby card

PACIFIC BLACKOUT – 1941 – Hitchcock-like noir thriller – Insert

SHANGHAI COBRA – 1945 – Sidney Toler as Charlie Chan – Stunning insert poster

TARZAN’S MAGIC FOUNTAIN – 1949 – Lex Barker’s first as Tarzan – Insert

THE NAKED SPUR – 1953 – James Stewart – Anthony Mann-directed western – Insert

THE TINGLER – 1959 – Vincent Price – William Castle horror classic – Insert

THE WEREWOLF – 1956 – Steven Ritch – Horror – ½ sheet

TRADER HORN – 1931 – Edwina Boothe, Harry Carey – Lobby card

VALUE FOR MONEY – 1955 – Diana Dors pin-up insert

VARAN, THE UNBELIEVABLE – 1962 – Japanese monster classic – ½ sheet

WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH – 1970 – Hammer Films’ prehistoric adventure – Insert

To view all of my current listings, just click on the below link. The posters begin on page 2:

CAPTAIN BIJOU’S CURRENT E-BAY AUCTIONS

Again, thank you again for your prayers, thoughts and comforting e-mails.

Until Next Time,

Best,

Earl Blair

CAPTAIN BIJOU