I'd have to agree with Dario on all his observations here.

I also think grading with a scale is too subjective and that sellers
should actually describe what those flaws/defects are.

I think we all long ago realised that one person's "excellent" is often
another person's "very good" or even "fair".

Finally, FADING is a major flaw. It's only going to be a MINOR flaw if
the fading is so minimal as to be virtually undetectable.
Phil

Dario Casadei wrote:

David Lieberman wrote:

*Hello everyone. I'm adding this section to my site. If you see
anything wrong or if I missed anything, please feel free to tell me so.*

**

*Thanks in advance,*

**

*Dave*

*FLAWS / DEFECTS*

*FOLD SEPARATION*
A tear along the fold line of a poster. A minor flaw unless it is a
large tear. Not seen when displayed!!

 agreed.

*FOLD WEAR*
As a poster ages and is opened and closed over and over, the fold
lines can get worn. Usually considered a minor flaw. could also be a
major flaw if fold wear is heavy and a lot of white is showing.

*FOXING*
Small brown spots caused by age. Comes from tiny pieces of metal
trapped in the paper during the printing process. Depending on the
severity, this can be a major or minor flaw. border to sever, due to
the fact nedds to be treated to arrest the spread.

*MOLD*
Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw. border
to sever, due to the fact nedds to be treated to arrest the spread.

*SNIPE*

A small (usually) sticker with additional information that is added
to an original movie poster by distributors or theater managers while
the movie is still in its original release. It could contain an
amended rating, a review, etc. A snipe is considered a very minor
defect to most collectors, however it depends on its size, location,
and whether it detracts from the original image or not. It must be
romvable or it would be a major flaw.

*HANDLING WEAR*

General term used to describe a poster that has normal minor wear and
tear like pinholes, fold separations, etc.

 Agreed.

*TEAR*

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

  Agreed.

*CREASE*

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

 Minor flaw.

*WRINKLING*

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

  Minor flaw.

*WAVINESS*

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

  Minor flaw.

*BROWNING*

As paper ages, sometimes it turns brown. Depending on the severity,
this can be a major or minor flaw.

Minor flaw. unless it past the stage and become realy dark and brittle.

*FADING*

Caused by sunlight. Depending on the severity, this can be a major or
minor flaw.

 Major flaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*WATER/MOISTURE DAMAGE*

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

  Agreed.

*MISSING PAPER*

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

  Agreed.

*PENCIL / PEN / CRAYON*

Depending on the severity and whether it is on the front or the back,
this can be a major or minor flaw.

  Agreed.

*NSS STAMP BLEED THROUGH*

Sometimes the NSS stamp on the back is visible from the front.
Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw. This is
a minor and a very good flaw,pending it's not on marilyn's face.  It
is a very important  part of the history of the poster. I don't
concider it a flaw at all.

*TAPE*

Depending on the severity and whether it is on the front or the back,
this can be a major or minor flaw.

   Agreed.

*STAIN*

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

   Agreed.

*HOLE*

Depending on the size, this can be a major or minor flaw.

   Agreed.

*PIN HOLE*

A minor flaw unless there are more than a few of them and they are
distracting.

   Agreed.

*STAPLE HOLE*

A minor flaw unless there are more than a few of them and they are
distracting.

   Agreed.

David Lieberman
CineMasterpieces.com